Wednesday, August 31, 2005

We are fine!


We got home last night about 7:30.
Drew was flown to Women's and Childrens here in Lafayette.
Steve and I got on a cargo helicopter that was just making a supply drop at Tulane. We flew to Berwick where the helicopter base was. That was as far as they could get us. But FDF has a plant there and one of the cleaning service supervisors John drove us back home. THANK YOU John!
We are very happy to be out of all that mess and craziness. We went to see Drew last night and she is doing good. They mentioned taking her breathing tube out but I am not getting my hopes up anymore till I actually see it out.
The water was completely around the hospital at 6 feet. So there was no way we could even get out of the parking garage. Thank you to everyone who was trying to find a way to get us out of New Orleans.
Sorry this is still another short update but we are headed back out to the hospital.
Oh and Karen if you can read this please head to lafayette with all the other nurses who want to come this way. We have places for all of you to stay here. Just call Charolette's cell phone and leave a message and we will get back to you.
Charolette is staying here at our house.
For our friends and family, Charolette was Drew's nurse at Tulane and she flew in the helicopter to be with Drew for the ride.
THANK YOU everyone for all of your support and prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is Kristen (KrisRie). I'm so happy you all made it out safely. I couldn't have prayed harder. I'm also glad to hear that Drew continues to do well. Thank God!

Anonymous said...

I am speechless, but not prayer-less. My prayers are with you and your family at what must be a very surreal and uneasy time for you.

I will be praying hard for the day that you can look back on all of this and be so grateful and joyful that it passed and that Drew will be perfectly healthy....

and that whatever this hurricane has taken from you...or anyone for that matter......is replaced with wonderful, wonderful things...

You're in my thoughts.
Paulawog

Anonymous said...

That picture just breaks my heart. I can imagian everything you have been through. I'm so glad that you were able to get out and that Drew is doing okay through it all.
You all will continue to be in our prayers.
Kelsy (LittleMuffin06)