Sunday, August 06, 2006

Finally! NO MORE SURGERIES!

The surgeon came in today and said goodbye and that we won't see him again that his job was done. Man it was so good to hear that. I don't ever want to go to New Orleans again.
Drew is doing fabulous! We got home today at around 5 and wouldn't you know it we got stuck on the long bridge again. This time for 2 1/2 hours at a stand still. :(
We are now home and settling in. DRew thinks nothing is different and is crawling around everywhere. She even tried to climb on top of favorite spot, the treadmill.
ANother great thing is she drank 18 ounces of milk today!!!!!!!!!!! That is the most ever. It is like a switch went off instantly. Now that her heart is fixed she doesn't have to work so hard to drink her milk.

God is good! Thank you for all of your support and prayers.

3 comments:

amber said...

So glad to hear that ya'll are home and doing well!!

Anonymous said...

I've been following your journey for a year now (after finding ou r blog by accident) and I have to tell you now I am grinning from ear to ear!
That is such great news, I am so happy for you all. I have 2 little ones and I can't bear the thought of any family having to go through what you've been through.
I hope you have a big party planned when you have all recovered!
Emma

Michael said...

So glad you are home. After reading your email, I read through your past blog posts. Our daughters defects are quite different but there stories are very similar. We of course didn't have to deal with a Catergory 4-5 hurricane in the midst of our first surgery.
Anyway, great news (no more surgeries).
I would like to link here from my blog about my daughter (http://wisdomheart.blogspot.com).
BTW-The similarities in Drew's and Sophia's stories do not end with their surgeries. They share the same middle name.