Wednesday, July 05, 2006

ER trip this morning

Rylie caught the nasty bug on friday night that has been going around and of course we ALL ended up with it. Drew got sick on saturday night and has not quite recouped from it. She has thrown up once every night since then but is fine during the day. I think that her stomach shrunk and she is just not able to tolerate her night feeds. She went from getting to 24 ounces a day to barely 12.

She woke us up this morning at 5:45 throwing up and I noticed her diaper was completely dry so I started to worry that she might be dehydrated. Normally she wakes up with a soaking wet diaper and her diaper I changed before I put her to bed was only a tiny bit wet. So I took her to the ER at 6:30 this morning. All her bloodwork came back fine and just showed she had a virus. She was not dehydrated and they said she was fine. They have her 30 cc's of fluids in her IV and sent us home. I probably over reacted but I did not want to take any chances with her being her surgery is next week.
If she is not completely better by Friday we will have to cancel the surgery and won't be able to get another surgery date until August.

Please pray that she gets completely healthy and strong for her upcoming surgery.

No comments: