Thursday, September 01, 2005

Thursday

Sorry that no update was given yesterday. Things are a bit crazy.
Drew is still doing good. They are now going to try and dehydrate her to get all the fluid off of her lungs because they will not dry up they are still too wet. Which means if she stays wet the breathing tube stays in. They need to be able to suction her out and the only way to do that is through the breathing tube. They did start her back on breastmilk yesterday and will keep her on it so she can get some nutrition while in the process of being dehydrated. I will try and get another update in tonight after we visit her today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you.
Love
Aunt Debbie and Uncle Dave in Nebr.

Anonymous said...

hi- its Angie (running with iris) just stopping in to say that Drew continues to be in our prayers. You are a strong family to have endured so much so quickly. I hope you find some peace, some time to let down and heal. Im so thrilled to hear that Drew can take some breastmilk, and I admire you for pumping throughout it all. Peace. angie, scott, iris and frankie

Anonymous said...

Great to know you guys are safe.
My prayers will be with Drew and your whole family. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
-Jeff David

Anonymous said...

After I heard that Drew had been airlifted back to Lafayette, I was worried about Steve and Brandi. I just knew that they would get back to be with her. If there was only one person that could talk his way off of that roof top it would be Steve. And with both of their strenghts Drew will be able to pull thru this.

Cameron