Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday Update


Dear Family and Friends,

I am sorry I haven’t called everyone and updated you on our survival story. I promise we will update you soon. It is nothing short of miraculous the way God removed us from harms way.

Thank you for your support during this time of need. Our entire family is overwhelmed by the contributions of compassion that have been bestowed upon us by our family and friends.


Everyone is asking us what they can do to help…
Here is my list of problems to solve... Please help in any way you can.

I need to find an apartment for our nurse from Tulane. She has a 3 year old daughter and is taking a job at women’s and children’s hospital. I need to book an apartment before everything is taken up in the Lafayette area. Please work your connections and try to find something for her. Even if you can only call around for me and put it on hold with my credit information.

I also need to find a place for a family from New Orleans to stay. They have a son that is in the same condition as Drew except they have no friends and family supporting them. I need to find temporary shelter for them and their family.

We are waiting to hear from the staff at Tulane. A number of employees that have helped take care of Drew will be in this area soon and be in need a place of shelter until they can get back on their feet. Please let us know of any possible solutions.

For those requesting banking information, you can use the paypal link to support our efforts in helping these families. You can also deposit funds into BANKONE Account 7101336717.

Thanks again
Steve Schaaf

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve and Brandy,
John and I were very relieved to hear you are back in Lafayette and praying for Drew's continued recovery.
Ellen Francis